Case Study: Old Westfield School
The client on this project was Sheffield City Council. This was a brand new construction on an old school site, requiring a full installation including type 1 x stone and macadam. A full groundwork construction was also required, the extent of which included large scale cut and fill operations, excavations, installation of the drainage, sub base and kerbs.
All works were completed within a 6 month timescale.
Old Westfield School
- 2no. 7420m2 pitches with a 50mm pile 3G sand/rubber filled carpet including line markings for football as well as multiple natural turf pitches
- New fencing scheme consisted of 4.50m high standard bar fencing with rebound panel, including:
- Single leaf gates
- Double leaf gates
- A surrounding perimeter boundary fence for the whole site
- New floodlighting scheme of a 13.5m high, 14 column, 200 lux floodlighting scheme
- New sets of football goals were erected to complete the installation, plus litter bins, boot wipers and corner flags
With over 40 years experience of installing sports surfaces, Charles Lawrence Surfaces is one of the foremost sports & leisure contractors in the United Kingdom. We are continually exploring new engineering and construction methods to enable us to deliver the best construction; we also work with Europe’s leading synthetic grass manufacturers to ensure that we can offer the best surface solution for each individual client’s requirements. Our aim is to provide quality installations at competitive prices, all delivered via our professional and approachable team.
We operate nationwide and are able to undertake works ranging from the smallest repair right up to multi-million pound stadia schemes involving the construction of changing facilities, clubhouses and stands.