Case Study: Saffron Dynamo FC, Leicestershire
The client on this project was Saffron Dynamo FC, Leicestershire. This was a brand new construction on an existing grassed football pitch, so a full installation was required including type 1 x stone and macadam. A full construction was required, the extent of which included excavations, installation of the drainage, sub base and kerbs. All works were completed in a 7 week timescale.
Saffron Dynamo FC, Leicestershire
- Area of the pitch was 2623m2 with a 50mm pile 3G sand/rubber filled carpet including line markings for football
- New fencing scheme consisted of:
- 4.50m high standard bar fencing
- 4.5m high twin bar fencing with rebound panel
- 1.2m high spectator fencing
- 2 no. 1.20m wide x 1.20m high single leaf gate
- 2 no. 1.20m wide 4.5m high single leaf gate
- 1 no. double leaf gate
- 1 no. pitch divider
- New floodlighting scheme of a 12m high, four column, 200 lux floodlighting scheme
- New sets of football goals were erected to complete the installation, litter bins, boot wipers and a set of flags
With over 40 years experience of installing sports surfaces, Charles Lawrence Surfaces is one of the foremost sports & leisure contractors in the United Kingdom. We are continually exploring new engineering and construction methods to enable us to deliver the best construction; we also work with Europe’s leading synthetic grass manufacturers to ensure that we can offer the best surface solution for each individual client’s requirements. Our aim is to provide quality installations at competitive prices, all delivered via our professional and approachable team.
We operate nationwide and are able to undertake works ranging from the smallest repair right up to multi-million pound stadia schemes involving the construction of changing facilities, clubhouses and stands.