Case Study: University of Gloucestershire
The client on this project was University of Gloucestershire. This was a brand new construction, requiring a full installation
including type 1 x stone and macadam. A full groundwork construction was also required, the extent of which included, excavations, installation of the drainage, sub base and kerbs.
All works were completed within a 6 month timescale.
University of Gloucestershire
- 1no. 7420m2 pitch with a 50mm pile 3G sand/rubber filled carpet including line markings for football
- 1no. 10,080m2 with a 60mm pile 3G sand/rubber filled carpet including line markings for rugby and shockpad
- New fencing scheme consisted of 4.50m high standard bar fencing with rebound panel, including:
- Single leaf gates
- Double leaf gates
- Acoustic fencing along Southern site boundary and partially along the Eastern side
- New floodlighting schemes:
- Football pitch - 15m high, 8no. columns, 200 lux floodlighting scheme
- Rugby pitch - 15m high 10no. columns
- New sets of football and rugby goals were erected to complete the installation, plus litter bins, boot wipers and corner flags
With over 40 years experience of installing sports surfaces, Charles Lawrence Surfaces is one of the foremost sports & leisure contractors in the United Kingdom. We are continually exploring new engineering and construction methods to enable us to deliver the best construction; we also work with Europe’s leading synthetic grass manufacturers to ensure that we can offer the best surface solution for each individual client’s requirements. Our aim is to provide quality installations at competitive prices, all delivered via our professional and approachable team.
We operate nationwide and are able to undertake works ranging from the smallest repair right up to multi-million pound stadia schemes involving the construction of changing facilities, clubhouses and stands.